Healthy Green Bean Salad
Bean salad has always been a favorite of mine. I love the vinegar onion salty thing. This salad is nothing like that.
This was one of those “throw in what you have” kind of things that has a lot of green onions and parsley in it. That’s the healthy part for me. , and with the dressing, this salad packs a flavor punch!. So much so I’m writing it here.
Here’s what you need.
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 small bunch or ½ a large bunch of flat leaf parsley.
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small bunch of spring or green onions. Say 4 to 6 of them
- ¼ cup olive oil or your oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar
- 1 big tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Green beans. Wash and cut to desired size. Steam them until they are ready and set aside to cool.
2. Parsley. Wash and dry them, then roughly chop into fairly small pieces.
3. Green onions. Wash and dry them, then cut them into the size you like. I like mine at about ¼ inch.
4. Carrot. Wash and grate the whole thing.
5. Put all of the veg into a large bowl and mix together.
6. Dressing. Put all the ingredients in one bowl and mix or beat swiftly with a fork until it all comes together into a creamy texture.
7. Pour the dressing over the veg in the bowl and mix it all together.
This salad is as easy as it sounds and it really is delicious.
It can be eaten right away, the next day, or even the day after that. I know because I’m eating it right now two days after I made it and it’s still really good.
It stays well in a sealed container in the fridge.
In the photo, I’m eating it with grilled zucchini and grilled chicken legs. They have their own stories but today we talked bean salad.
And the plate is made by Nevena Tadic. She makes very fun, colourful, tactile pieces. You can see more of her work on her website at www.NevenaTadic.com and she is also a vendor at the Granville Island Public Market. Tell her I sent you. :)